I hope all of you know these and most of you must be following some of them or most of them, but however just as a checklist let me put down some of them here. If you had any other learning from your client or teammates, please don't hesitate to add it here.
The points mentioned here are explicitly for the digital marketers, digital marketing professionals have to make sure that they follow these at their workplace in order to achieve great results or to get recognized.
The points all were actually drafted after speaking to highly skilled, disciplined, professional and confident digital marketers, here goes the list in their own words,
1. Respond to the e-mails of client/ Senior management quickly, as early as possible
2. Once you are done with something asked to send it to the person who has asked for it. Please don't wait until he/she asks for it, at least notify them.
3. If client/management ask you to meet a specific time please go and meet them at that time, if you can't make it by that time update them.
4. Keep client posted regularly on the work you are doing on the account.
5. Once you are back from meeting you should compulsorily send minutes of meeting adding people who ever were part of the meeting.
6. Acknowledge to the e-mails, could be notifying that you have seen the e-mail, E.g: it's done, working, on leave, can send you tomorrow and more.
7. Plan to finish the work planned for the day, keeping it pending implies incapability of doing/learning the things
8. Don't forget to update the status of the planned work for the day, because your managers might have to update it to the management and their other works could be dependent on that data you provide.
9. As soon you come to office update your work plan to the people involved in the project in the respective groups on slack, Hangouts, Skype or any medium you use or send it by e-mail, whichever you feel comfortable.
10. Don't allow someone to question you or point out on the work you do, I mean try to maintain quality in the work.
11. Read the e-mails completely before you respond.
12. If you are not clear with any of the implementations, please read on it before you take action or ask someone who knows to explain about it.
13. If you are not certain about something you are working or working for the first time especially related to development, please get it reviewed before you start full-fledged or sending to client/development team.
14. If you are good at something, don't hesitate to explain it to everybody in the room.
15. Finally, don't forget to add if something is running on your mind, that everybody has to follow.
All of the above-mentioned points will be very useful to digital marketers, also it's not only limited to the above points, there could be many more to practice and get noticed by peers, management, clients and anybody working with you.
I appreciate if you encourage these in your peers too.
15 Best Practices of Highly Disciplined People At the Work Place
Things that help to recognize you/your work- Let's follow