Diet and Fitness industry is much bigger and it is growing much bigger year on year across the globe. We have done a small research on the fitness industry measuring the potential, scope and current players in India and a comparison against other developed countries.
Note: The data is collected as of December 2017 and by now the numbers would have changed at a significant level.
The current retail market for health & fitness is around Rs. 7000 crores and expected to grow by Rs.10,000 crore plus
Gym and Weight loss/gain are the most in demand requirements in Indian markets
Companies Capital raised and their revenues
|Company||Total Capital Raised $mn||Revenue $mn|
|Boltt Sports Technologies||1||NA|
- People who are interested in fitness, but don’t want to go Gym and despite prefer the following activities
Key Growth Drivers Of Fitness Industry
- Growing disposable income and higher discretionary expenditure
- Rising lifestyle diseases, obesity, diabetes
- Rising awareness of healthy lifestyle among Indians
- Industry least affected by slowdown in economy
- Growing young population which is the target market
- Rapid urbanization and westernization